Contact Chris Markiewicz at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information about events or to volunteer to participate.
- Reschedule date TBD: Middlefield Cub Scout Pack 33 (Stargazing Event)
- October 15: Cub Scout Pack 13, Gay City State Park, Hebron, CT (Stargazing Event)
- October 21: Talcott Mountain Science Center Skygazing, Avon, CT
- November 17: Talcott Mountain Science Center Skygazing, Avon, CT
- December 8: Talcott Mountain Science Center Skygazing, Avon, CT
Middlefield Cub Scout Pack 33 – Peckham Park, Middlefield, CT (Stargazing Event):
Date TBD (cancelled 10/1/2022 due to weather), 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm. The event will be held outside the pavilion in Peckham Park. The scouts will be there all day and night for their campout and they were hoping to have the opportunity to look through some telescopes while they are out in the field. The pack will be a large group of scouts age 5 to 11 y/o and their parents. Sunset is approximately 6:30 pm. We will have the moon in the south, as well as Saturn and Jupiter.
Contact: Carolyn Janis
Members: Marty Ollenschleger, Al Johnson. Could use 1 or 2 more members.
Cub Scout Pack 13, Gay City State Park, Hebron, CT
October 15, 7:00pm-10:00pm
Stargazing outreach during Cub Scout campout. ~10-15 cub scouts and adults leaders
Contact: Jared Ramsdell
Talcott Mountain Science Center Skygazing, Avon, CT
Thursday December 8, starting at 6:00pm-8:00pm.Approx. 20-30 participants.
324 Montevideo Road, Avon, CT
Looking for a few volunteers to assist with the Center’s telescopes.
In case of inclement weather event will be postponed to December 9
Contact: Hannah Marye